Version 1:23 May 2018
The privacy and security of your information is extremely important to us. This policy is intended to give you a clear view of the data we collect, how we use it and how long we retain it for, so you can be confident in submitting data when dealing with us.
We will keep this page updated so you can see what we do with your personal data. This policy applies to you if you visit our website, use our services, email us or contact us.
We will never sell your personal data and will only share it with organisations we work with to deliver the services we provide where they have shown they will respect your privacy and security.
Who are we?
We are Colin Stewart Joinery. In this document we will be referred to by either our company name or ‘our,’ ‘us’ or ‘we.’ Our registered company address is:
44 Knowesley Park, Haddington, EH41 3TB
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is any data which may identify you. Or be identified as relating to you. For example, your name, address, telephone number and email address. You may submit personal data to us in various ways including through direct email, email forms on our website or via phone calls.
Personal data provided by you
This data may include but is not limited to;
- Personal details – name, address, phone number, email address and so on
- Technical information about your visit to our site such as IP address, browser type and version, time-zone settings, operating systems and version and platform used to access the website.
- Analytical information about your visit – full URL and query string, pages you viewed on our website, length of visit to the pages and any search terms you used to find our website. This information may be analysed to help us continually create a better user experience and for no other purpose.
How we use your Personal Data
Your personal data will be only be used on relevant, lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (from 25th May 2018), UK Data Protection Act and Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation. These may be as follows:
- Accounting – We are required by law to keep accurate and up to date accounts of our business transactions. When you purchase any of our services your details will be added to our accounting system.
- Communication – We may keep you informed of news or offers by email or other relevant communication medium specified by you. You will, of course, have the right to choose not to receive these communications and we will not sell nor share your data with third-party marketing companies.
Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, where we are using your data under consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to do this and we will action this request through our webmaster.
Keeping your information
If you have submitted any information using our website form, we will keep the data for 30 days, then delete it from our website and website database. We keep email data and membership files for 7 years to comply with any potential audit by HMRC after which time, and if no longer relevant, it will be deleted.
How we secure your data
Information systems and data security are imperative to us to ensure we are keeping your data safe. We operate and implement robust procedures for managing your data and we only host your personal data with suppliers who have confirmed that they take your personal data security as a priority.
Our website is hosted by Siteground which was launched in Bulgaria in 2004. However, the company, as an established website host, has five international data centres data centres in the US, Italy, Singapore, The Netherlands and the UK (London). The data storage services for our website is in the UK. Furthermore, we do not collect, or store, payment information and we do not transmit your data outside of the European Union.
Change to this policy